Timely and relevant business advice is critical to making informed decisions that are right for your business, so it is important that you can rely on it.
McBrides’ business advice services include:
There are various differences between the available structures for your business and in order to decide what is best, you need to consider the relative merits of each. We will help you identify the correct business structure and where that involves a corporate entity, such as a limited company or limited liability partnership (LLP), we can set it up for you.
Our tailor made limited company and LLP formation service gives you a vast array of options in respect of name, capital structure, appointment of officers, registered office, Articles of Association and other such matters. If necessary, your company or LLP can be incorporated within 24 hours of ordering and a full literature pack, including Certificate of Incorporation, despatched immediately (Companies House systems permitting).
Business start up and structure
The McBrides team has a wealth of skills to support the new and existing business owner. Bring us your business ideas and we’ll help you to evaluate them in a constructive and realistic way. We can also:
- assess your funding requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals
- decide on the most suitable structure for your business
- complete any registration procedures with Companies House and HM Revenue & Customs
- deal with company secretarial issues
- help you develop a good working relationship with your bank
- help you articulate your proposal in a business plan complemented by cashflow and trading forecasts, which support your business proposal
Business planning and forecasts
All business owners should have a plan to mitigate the potential financial hurdles that could prove an obstacle to future success. The difficulty often arises in having the time to devote to this exercise but also being able to stand to one side of the business and observe it objectively. We see many businesses and because we have witnessed their successes and difficulties, we are well-placed to review your plans and help to identify the financial pitfalls.
Sound analysis, clear projections, and well-thought out contingency plans enable a business owner to plan for success and adapt to challenges. This is why we encourage our clients to prepare periodic financial forecasts and review actual performance against them. We can help with:
- setting and reviewing long term strategic goals
- annual/monthly profit and cashflow forecasts
- business planning
- monitoring performance and adjusting plans accordingly.
Business structuring and re-organisation
As businesses grow, there can be many reasons why the existing structure might be better arranged to meet its evolving demands. For example:
- expansion means risk mitigation needs to be considered and different structures provide better protection
- to incentivise key management to enhance business performance
- to rationalise the shareholding structure and facilitate retirement for one or more owner managers
- simplifying complex ownership structures by rationalising the ownership through the introduction of a group
- business restructuring for tax purposes
Your business might well be the single most valuable asset that you own but do you know how much it is worth, and what you could do to enhance that valuation? McBrides has extensive experience in providing business valuations for a variety of purposes including:
- commercial valuations
- to support certain employee incentive schemes (e.g. EMI schemes)
- for inheritance tax planning purposes.
If you are in business, you need to consider your exit strategy and this is something to consider well in advance of your decision to finally call it a day. You will have a number of options and we can help you evaluate them, so that everything is in place at the time you want to act. Specifically, we can help you answer the following questions:
- What is your business worth and how is it valued?
- What are the tax consequences of the sale or generational disposal?
- Do you know what asset to sell - shares, trade or assets?
- What might the sales process mean to you and how do you prepare yourself?
We have an experienced and skilled team who can guide you on how realistic your aims are and suggest how you can plan to realise your aspirations.